This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase.
UPDATE: Since this post, my affiliate marketing income has skyrocketed. In my second month I made over $400 in affiliate income and by third month I made over $1200. This further proved to me that the strategies in this course work! Read below for my full Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing review.
This weekend I finished the Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing course by Michelle of Making Sense of Cents. Michelle consistently makes $50,000 a month with affiliate marketing.
I have been reading Michelle’s blog for years and have been so inspired by her income reports. Like this one where she made over $72,000 in one month! Her blog is one of the few that gave me enough courage to start this website.
I am so excited (and slightly fangirling) that today Michelle has agreed to an exclusive interview about affiliate marketing and her new class Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing! I’ll give you an overview of my thoughts on the course and then turn the rest of the post over to Michelle.
Affiliate marketing is a great way to monetize your blog. You get paid to share products you love with your readers! How great is that? Plus it doesn’t cost the reader anything extra.
For example, if you decided to purchase something on Amazon through my link there is no additional cost to you. There even can be bonuses for using an affiliate link, like if you use my link to sign up for Ebates you get a $10 cash bonus!
Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing Review
In the Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing course Michelle shares her strategies, tools, and processes for making tens of thousands of dollars a month.
I purchased this course in my first month of blogging. Is traffic to my blog massive? Not yet, but that didn’t stop me from getting my first affiliate sale within two days of starting Michelle’s course!
The value of the course goes above and beyond the lessons. My two favorite benefits of the course are
1. The Facebook Mastermind group. This is a group for only members of this course. The members are serious about their blogs and are a wealth of knowledge. As a newer blogger I have been able to learn so much from them. While affiliate marketing is the main topic in the group there are so many informative posts on other topics related to blogging.
Plus, the group is so supportive. We even have a Tailwind Tribe, just for members of the group!
2. You get access to an affiliate marketing and blogging expert. Michelle is an incredibly valuable mentor. To schedule a conversation with a specialist like Michelle you would pay hundreds of dollars per hour.
Michelle is so quick to answers within the group (in my experience it has been in less than an hour each time). Plus, on Saturday there is a dedicated thread where she will answer any of your questions. This thread is phenomenal. There have been so many questions in the mastermind I would have never thought of but they give me new ideas on how I can maximize my blog.
You still may have some questions about the course and affiliate marketing, so I went straight to the source. My girl Michelle! She has been so kind to answer 10 of the questions you may have. So here we go! Let’s leave it to the pro!
What got you into blogging?
I started my blog in August of 2011, after reading a magazine that featured a personal finance website in one of their articles. I got hooked on that website (that website is DailyWorth) and everything just exploded from there. I did not create my blog with the intention of earn a living – it was all just a hobby. I then realized how much I loved blogging and realized that it was for me, so now I am a full-time blogger! It’s funny how life can change so drastically.
As a new blogger, how long realistically can it take to make money from affiliate marketing?
Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing is a great learning tool, even if you are a brand new blogger. By taking this course, you will start off blogging the correct way. You can learn from my affiliate marketing mistakes and learn the best ways to start making an income by being an affiliate. Through taking this course you are sure to grow a profitable blog quicker than the average blogger, as you’ll learn exactly what you need to know about affiliate marketing. So, even if you only have one blog post, you are ready to get started with this course!
I believe that a brand new blogger can earn money through affiliate marketing, as long as they follow the lessons in the course that I teach.
How much time does it take to implement affiliate marketing on your blog?
It doesn’t take much time at all. Now, I have everything running very smoothly and it all just happens very naturally. Once you know what to do (which I teach in this course), it all happens very easily and on a small amount of time.
Why did you choose affiliate marketing over some of the other blog monetization methods?
I chose affiliate marketing because it can feel quite passive. You can create just one post and earn money from it years down the line, as long as you maintain it and keep generating traffic to it. This way, I can have fun in life and I know that I am still able to earn a living. This makes full-time traveling much more enjoyable for me and my husband!
Does affiliate marketing work on all blogging platforms?
Affiliate marketing can be applied on any platform, so you can be on WordPress, Blogger/Blogspot, Squarespace, Weebly, and more.
Who will benefit from Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing?
My course, Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing, is for you if:
- You want to have a profitable blog.
- You want to improve your blogging income even further.
- You want to earn income while you sleep.
- You want to write a blog post and earn money from it for years down the line, with minimal work needed.
- You tried affiliate marketing but haven’t had any luck.
- You want to spend more time with your loved ones and have a better work-life balance.
- You love blogging and want to be able to grow your blog, build trust with your audience, and help more people!
What will you be teaching in the course?
In this course, there are 6 modules, over 30 lessons, several worksheets, bonuses, an extremely helpful and exclusive mastermind group, and more. I go through everything that you need to know about affiliate marketing, such as:
- What affiliate marketing is and how it works
- Why affiliate marketing is great
- The exact steps I’ve taken to earn over $300,000 from a single blog post
- How to pick the right affiliate products to promote
- How to increase conversions
- How to build trust and not lose followers
- Required disclosures that you need to know about
- The one major tool you need for affiliate marketing
- Different strategies to use to promote your affiliate products
- How to use Pinterest to succeed at affiliate marketing (yes, this includes the newest Pinterest affiliate rules!)
What sets your course apart from other resources on affiliate marketing?
My course is definitely different from other resources on affiliate marketing. There is no other course that is comparable to Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing. I’ve found some that are on affiliate marketing a tiny bit, but they either weren’t specifically for bloggers or website owners, their price was extremely high, the quality wasn’t good, etc.
Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing is the course for bloggers and online influencers, and it’s something that I believe nearly all bloggers can use to improve their blog monetization. In this course, I go through everything that you need to know about affiliate marketing, and I include several high-dollar bonuses.
I believe that it’s a very well-rounded course, and I am very proud of what I’ve created.
What is the #1 takeaway you want your students to have in the course?
I want potential students to know that you don’t need a huge audience or an insane amount of page views in order to make money with affiliate marketing. I know bloggers who receive 10 times my page views yet don’t make anywhere near the amount that I do with affiliate income, and that’s because they don’t spend the time to learn the different strategies. With this course, you can succeed at affiliate marketing even if you are a brand new blogger. I teach you everything you need to know about affiliate marketing, plus many other things as well that can help you!
The important things students will learn from this course include:
- How to build trust and not lose followers. In hopes of earning more money, too many new affiliate marketers just sign up for anything and everything when it comes to affiliate marketing. You should only promote products that you have experience with, that you personally trust and believe in, and/or that you have had a positive experience with. This course teaches you exactly how to do this!
- Different strategies to use to promote your affiliate products. Affiliate marketing is not as easy as just slapping affiliate links on your website and calling it a day. There are many different ways to promote an affiliate product, and I recommend learning about all of them and applying as many as you can to your affiliate marketing strategy.
- How to use Pinterest to succeed at affiliate marketing. I believe Pinterest is extremely important when it comes to affiliate marketing success. Due to this, I have included two very detailed lessons on Pinterest, one that is all about promoting your affiliate products and blog on Pinterest, and another that teaches you exactly how to increase your Pinterest traffic. Pinterest users LOVE to buy products, so affiliate marketing is the perfect fit for this social media platform.
What does Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing cost?
The price of the course is $197. This is the lowest that the price will be offered, and it will only be going up from here. Due to that, I definitely recommend that you hop on this low price now. Plus, you will receive several bonuses, such as a Pinterest strategy guide from a Pinterest expert (she charges $34 for this guide alone) but you receive it for free with the course. You also receive several other free bonuses, including an active mastermind group that goes along with the course. The course is worth well over $500, and I’ve even had several people tell me that I need to charge more money for it!
There you have it. You heard it from the expert herself!
This course is an amazing resource for new bloggers. You will save yourself so much time by implementing her strategies and knowing how to do affiliate marketing from the start. Plus, there is tons of valuable information on increasing your traffic in the course as well as numerous other topics in the Facebook Mastermind Group.
If you are an established blogger this course will help you maximize your affiliate marketing profits. Turn those page views into paychecks in a non-sleazy way! Plus, there are many well-known bloggers in the group that you can network and collaborate with.
Well, there you have it. That is my Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing review. Overall, I HIGHLY recommend this Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing for anyone that is serious about monetizing their blog!
Do you use affiliate marketing on your blog?